We figured out what it was that was causing such a problem with my e-commerce website.
It had run fine for several years, then about 4 months ago it was hacked.
And no matter how many times I fixed it with a backup, it kept getting attacked.
Evidently, there was a conflict with the two pieces of software I had running on the site.
It left holes open to attacks when the two were run together.
Guess I had just been lucky all those years before.
The blogging software compromised the e-commerce software.
Since security is of most importance when running a business website, the two needed to be separated.
It is a good feeling to have it back up and running smoothly, both for the customers and myself.
A big thanks to the developer who spent hours dealing with all the code!
Post a Comment